Which prompted Irish Golf to observe in 1949

• All of which has meant green speeds of less than 10. And when it dropped, he was rewarded with the biggest prize of all a hug from his father, Joe. But I’m not complaining.

Anthracnose slows the flow

AIDAN O’HARA, whose wonderful greenkeeping at Mount Juliet drew glowing tributes from the world’s leading players during the American Express Championship last weekend, was here on Thursday among the remarkably large Irish contingent. The most meaningful rewards are personal and far more enduring, as European captain, Sam Torrance, has discovered over the 17 years.bestsellinggolf.�

IT IS THE profound wish of all concerned that the jingoistic scenes of Brookline are not repeated over the next three days, though coming from the country that invented the football hooligan, this sentiment might be viewed as grossly hypocritical.

Christy, at 77, remarkable

COLLEAGUES from the 1955 Ryder Cup team met here last week.0 on the Stimpmeter, compared with the 11. Which is truly remarkable for a man of 77. And the same men appear in an advert for Rolex Watches in the official Ryder Cup programme.golfzonejp.

We remember how Torrance wept unashamedly while securing the winning point for Europe in the famous triumph here at The Belfry in 1985.

The fact is that since re-signing for Mark McCormack’s IMG after his appointment as European skipper, Torrance has secured lucrative deals with Ladbrokes, BMW, Rolex, Titleist, Glenmuir, Lucent Technologies and Stapleford Park GC.net/ he replied.

Roddy Carr had known the same feeling at St Andrews 14 years previously, after holing a 30-foot putt on the 18th to gain a priceless win over Jim Simons in the Walker Cup. I’m almost afraid to describe him as the best natural hitter of a golf ball I’ve ever seen, knowing the way he protests about the amount of practice he did.
    But nobody did, with the result that it was 1953 before The Brad was honoured .

Players totally free agents

IN the wake of the week’s only major dust-up regarding the crack-of-dawn practice session by Tiger Woods, a fascinating fact has emerged.

For instance, Paul McGinley’s parents, Michael and Julia, are here along with the players’ siblings Michael Jnr, Suzanne, Mary and Karen.

The man they describe as Dr Golf’ because of his status as one of the leading tutors on this side of the Atlantic, went on: I could watch Christy hit golf balls forever. In the intervening years, the PGA considered residents of the 26 counties to be overseas members, and thereby ineligible. It doesn’t necessarily follow that because the event is in Ireland, it should be an Irish captain,

Both men were from the same, conservative school which apparently ordained that you didn’t show your emotions. As in the Titleist ball advert towards the front of the current issue of Golf World, the American weekly. The fact is that the condition of The Belfry greens could be described as moderate, at best. But he remained a sufficiently enthusiastic European to tell the Birmingham Press Club: I hope we stuff em.FOR all its faults, the Ryder Cup has shown us that there is more to golfing success than large pay-cheques or the gratification of contributing to a triumphant team effort. But it’s true just the same. The most meaningful rewards are personal and far more enduring, as European captain, Sam Torrance, has

FOR all its faults, the Ryder Cup has shown us that there is more to golfing success than large pay-cheques or the gratification of contributing to a triumphant team effort. In the company of his Carton House counterpart, John Plummer, O’Hara was looking over the Brabazon Course, which is the scene of this weekend’s clashes. They simply turn up, follow the instructions of the captain and do their thing without payment.

They met at Kilworth GC, about 40 miles south-east of The Belfry, where a number of Ryder Cup old boys came together for a charity pro-am. Not only does his swing look right to me, it remains correct in every key, technical sense.
    One of the great joys of the occasion, for me, was seeing Christy, THE Christy, said Jacobs. Captains’ Choice’ is the heading over a photograph of Curtis Strange and Sam Torrance.

CHAT-SHOW HOST, Michael Parkinson, scrapped plans to attend the Ryder Cup this weekend because of the presence of armed police. Hence the absence of even token praise from Mr T Woods and company. Were they impressed? Both men declined to comment, and it was only later that I discovered why. Then there was the matter of accommodation for the children at 200 a night.

Which prompted Irish Golf to observe in 1949: A solution will have to be found sooner or later and it would be far easier to arrive at it now, instead of waiting until some individual or individuals force the issue.

Просмотры
    Войдите чтобы оставить сообщение

Внутренняя ошибка.

Упс! Похоже, что-то пошло не так!