Carroll girls top Wood for Catholic League basketball crown

• Carroll girls top Wood for Catholic League baseball crown All season stretched, The Archbishop Carroll girls' basketball team has bought into value of the coaching staff's philosophy of taking it one game at a time. For the sixth sequential year, The Patriots were activity in the Catholic League title game. Over the past four years the opponent has been the same Archbishop Wood. After collecting two straight titles(2008 09, 2009 10), The Patriots had their string broken by the Vikings when Taylor Kaminski hit a last second lay up to hand Carroll a tragic 33 31 loss. Heading into Monday night's final at the hallowed halls of the Palestra on the campus of the University of missouri, The only thoughts Carroll remembered from last season were in the locker room following your game. "Before we took the judge, We thought of how we felt after the tough loss, Said senior Meghan Creighton who carried out with a game high16 points. "We never wanted to feel that again, Taking the court with a solid team bond whicj has been the key to their success Harry Douglas Jersey, Carroll (23 2) Fought off a motivated Wood(15 10) Team to post a 40 38 in the long run win giving Carroll their third Catholic League crown in four years. The game was not decided prior to the final horn when Jackie Pierson's shot glanced off the front rim at the buzzer. "We were very lucki tonight, Said Carroll coach Chuck Creighton following your game while the team was cutting down the net. "Both teams fought for hours. John(Ricci) Runs a great offense and tonight we came across key rebounds and made key plays. We wished to re claim the title, "I am happy for this year's group of kids. I have a pity party for last year's senior class, "We wanted this win, Said more mature Rachel Pearson, Who carried out with five points and eight rebounds and two blocks. "This is what we had a job with all year. We have got things one game at a time. For the senior class that possesses Shannon Shields, Pearson, Creighton, Kerri track and Bridget McNulty, Monday night marks the team's fourth consecutive appearance in the great game. Pearson stated, "It's really special to be in the(Catholic little group) World-class game every year. It says so much about the dedication of the coaches and members of the squad, "This is a good feeling, Said senior Kristie Costantino. "I am so happy in depth year's seniors. They are great leaders for us, Leading via the game for the first three quarters, The Vikings took their only lead of the game early in the fourth quarter merit to a pair of three pointers from freshman Aubrey Brown. Sticking with the game plan, The Patriots fought back and took charge back with 1:07 continuing when junior Sarah Curran hit a cutting Pearson in the lane for the lay up to give Carroll the 36 35 lead Brian Orakpo Jersey. Featuring 10.7 seconds quit, Kaminski drew the foul while shooting to go to the line and perhaps give Wood a one point advantage. Nonetheless, Kaminski missed the first shot prior to the second to tie the game and force overtime. In the other session, Carroll's defense was once again the main attraction as Costantino came up with a big steal before Pearson blocked Kaminski's shot and got the ball to Creighton who converted one of two shots to provide the final margin. "Kristie typically gutsy player, Announced Creighton. "She is a tough kid who is invariably learning. She is our minimum player but has a big heart, "Rachel invented a big basket and a big block. Sarah is an excellent player who is balanced. We are the sign of a true team getting efforts from everyone, Monday's game also marked the very last Catholic League game for father, Chuck and baby, Meghan. "This is something I will truly appreciate, Said Meghan adopting the game. "Not so many people get to experience being coached by their father. This is something that I can share with my kids and he should share with his grandkids, "I am so pleased with Meghan, Said throw. "She has worked so hard and has done a fantastic job of following in the footsteps of(Kerri) Protects, (Erin) Protects and(Jen) Carney. As good a basketball player she happens to be she is a better person https://www.titansjerseystore.com/, Follow us on flickr Follow us on bebo ArticlesA taste of France comes to Ardmore with Delice et ChocolatCrews rescue the building project worker at Haverford College Duck PondRadnor BOC revokes award given to former Commissioner William SpinglerMartin's Dam swimming Corey Davis Jersey cheap, Diving teams off to winning startCommissioner Schaefer to step down as BOC us web design manager; Willows Mansion Trust cooperate with consultantNarberth: Law enforcement officials restructuring, Trash collection mulled by councilEarly morning incident claims PECO worker's lifeNarberth marks 75th year of conventional 'Fourths'Lower Merion police reports: Theft at 7Eleven, Burglaries2 popular 'Nova water holes closing

Просмотры
    Войдите чтобы оставить сообщение

Внутренняя ошибка.

Упс! Похоже, что-то пошло не так!